Friday, November 20, 2020

Fall in the Garden

 Feeling like I need a happy garden post so here it is! My Fall garden in San Diego County, CA is quite unique due to our delayed Fall weather. It's still warm to hot during the days but cooler at night. We had a bit of rain and hail a couple of weeks ago but I'm still watering ....

This Aloe's parent is over 60 years old. I started it from a cutting taken from Rancho Guajome when I was a docent gardener there. The unusual growth is called crested or monstrose cactus. 


                                          Mexican Sunflower Tithonia diversifolia 


This pot was made way, way back in the 70's during my hippy days...
can you see the dancing couple? 

                                                                Dudleya 




No comments: