Saturday, July 5, 2014

Juneau in June

Alaska has always been on my bucket list so when my friends Mary and Margie invited me to teach up in Juneau I jumped on it! The gals were beyond gracious and excellent hosts. They took my friend Beth and I everywhere ...the best trails...the best coffee joints...the best tram...well ...the only tram in town! I captured some of our adventures in my journal...and some photos as well.......enjoy...

 Journaling at Jenson-Olson Arboretum 
Mary, one of my hosts, is hidden by the pink lilac bush....the island in the background is the Shrine of St. Therese...we held the workshop in one of the cabins on the shoreline. 

here's our workshop students...happy campers! 

the City Museum held an exhibit called "The Empty Chair" about the forced resettlement of the Japanese community in Juneau. The artist invited people to make paper cranes as part of the assemblage. My friend Beth and I failed origami......but we tried! ...we blamed the instructions.....
finding the best coffee cups to collage.....
Mary took us to the Gold mining museum and Maggie took us to dinner after a hike. 
This is a combo of the two places...
and here are two guys that really were not sitting together in the restaurant. 
Waiting for our whale watching tour...
our hike at the timberline on Mt. Roberts
Harv and Marv's whale watching tour was the best! Small fast boat...there were only 5 of us including our wonderful and kind Captain Steve.  Highly recommended! Yes...that is a pod of Orcas! 

11:30 at night....summer solstice 
Thanks again Margie and Mary for a fantastic week in Juneau! 

No comments: