Sunday, November 14, 2010

Ceramic Tree of Life for my Kitchen

This is a close up of my Ceramic Tree of Life I made at my friend's Ceramic studio http://www.cheryltall.com/ Cheryl offers studio time each week and you get to see her fabulous sculptures too.

I used to have a running gas kiln but it's covered with a Wisteria Vine in the backyard. It would be quite a sight running that kiln with an eight foot torch of fire on my vine!
This Mosaic piece will be mounted on the wall behind my stove in my new kitchen. I almost didn't leave enough room for it.....didn't exactly measure.......
The kitchen cabinets are up and my tile guy, Juan, is putting up the tumbled travertine and glass tile in the bathroom as I write this......more photos soon!

2 comments:

Jane LaFazio said...

LOVE it! next time you work at Cheryl's, invite me. can't wait to see you kitchen!

Anonymous said...

My spouse and I stumbled over here by a different page and thought I should
check things out. I like what I see so now i'm following you. Look forward to checking out your web page again.
Check out my webpage - Acrylic Fabricator