Tuesday, September 22, 2015

Rancho Bellota in Baja Mexico

 just returned from Baja, Mexico where I taught a watermedia workshop at the best Horse Ranch ever! Baja Rancho Bellota is a working, off the grid ranch in a secluded 2800 acre beautiful valley. Raul and Caroline Agular are the owners and gracious hosts of this wonderful place.
Save the date! May 5 to 8, 2016....I'll be teaching here again! 



Here are some fine examples of student work. We all had a great time...and the ranch dogs did too! 






a hike we took after painting....I want this rock in my garden....sigh.....


and of course we took off to Guadalupe Valley to a couple of wineries. This was my favorite...Vena Cava. Artful and creative use of materials abound...the roofs were old boats and the awning was made out of irrigation tubes....




and here is our wonderful host Raul with timely Margaritas while we painted on location...just a little spoiled! ..


we rode off for a two hour ride up and down the canyons in the late afternoon. What an experience! My horse was very good to me since I haven't ridden in many years. The views were magnificent! 
our art workshop leaders Ellen and Liz in the sunset.
...and Gabriele...a real Mexican vaquero




Adios! Till next year in May! 

No comments: