Monday, December 7, 2015

Hot off the Press

This new book binding is my contribution to the San Diego Book Arts Society  "Over the Moon" collaborative project. The content consists of a  Haiku poem by Diane Gage. Each artist painted an illustration based on a portion of the poem. All of the illustrations are in the bound books. The collection of handmade books will be shown in several exhibits in the San Diego, CA area next year. 

On another note....My husband uncovered a little film made at my San Diego Book Arts workshop earlier this year....he was so excited to find it!
Enjoy .......   



This is my illustration for the book. I chose this stance of the poem:

Capricious night wind
Leaves out dancing with the moon
I forget to sleep




The cover was painted with acrylics and the closure is a found earring with natural hand dyed silk ribbon

The open spine is a 4 needle coptic stitch. The colors were made with color pencil 
and marker.




No comments: