Sunday, September 6, 2015

Pastels in the making

My local classes are starting back up for Fall this week. I teach Pastel on Friday afternoons in Escondido. I love the transition from Watercolor and gouache to Pastel.

Have a look see...you may want to join us if you live in the area...if not...you may just want to break out a set of pastels that have been buried in your art stash.......and play.....

This pastel started out with  a charcoal drawing on brown art spectrum paper. I painted with gouache watercolors to build up complementary colors for high contrast. Hummm....I need to finish this one.......These paper mache dolls were at a factory in San Miguel de Allende in Mexico. 



These are little studies for a workshop called Drawing the Lines that I'll be teaching next year for Art and Soul Minneapolis 2016


And 2 steps from a demo on backlit figures.


No comments: